The firmware MIUI 8 has been introduced, but many Xiaomi device has not yet received the updates, even for some the OTA-update is now available. Despite this, the firmware can be installed manually if you have access to all the necessary files.
The necessary Files required to perform the update are listed below; The process must be carried at your risk, doing it wrongly will destroy the device once for all.
- Redmi 2 MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (737 MB) and Fastboot (1.04 GB).
- Redmi Note 2 MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (1.08 GB) and Fastboot (1,3 GB).
- 2 Mi / Mi 2S the MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (769 MB) and Fastboot (1 GB).
- 1S redmi the MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (728 MB) and Fastboot (911 MB).
- 4i Mi the MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (961 MB) and Fastboot (1,1 GB).
- Mi 5 MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (1,4 GB) and Fastboot (1.5 GB).
- The Note 4G Mi the MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (921 MB) and Fastboot (1,2 GB).
- The Note 4G redmi the MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (737 MB) and Fastboot (919 MB).
- The Note 3G redmi the MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (750 MB).
- Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm’s the MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (1,2 GB) and Fastboot (1,4 GB).
- The Note of Prime redmi the MIUI 8 of Global Stable – of Recovery (793 MB) and Fastboot (1.07 GB).
Update using Recovery :
This method does not work on smartphones with Xiaomi processors MediaTek, and also on devices with a locked bootloader. Also, make sure to update you already have the latest version of the Global MIUI.
Instructions for Xiaomi smartphones (Recovery)Mi 2.0.1:
- Download file recovery for your device (see list above). It is advisable to download on your computer.Rename the downloaded file to update.zip
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via USB. Move the renamed file to the root folder recovery internal memory.
- Sign in recovery mode on your device. There are two ways to do this: The first way: run the upgrade application for additional menu scroll to Reboot in recovery (Reboot to Recovery mode) and select it.
The second way: switch off the device. Press the button and turn the increase volume button. The smartphone will go into the rekaveri mode.
- In recovery mode, you can navigate through the volume control and power button to select items. After entering the recovery select the language you want, and then scroll to the “Install update.zip to the System”. Select it, and then the update will start. Upon completion, select the “Reboot the System”.
- Smartphone will reboot with the new firmware is ready to use.
Instructions for smartphones with the new interface rekaveri:
- Download file recovery for your device (see list at top of the post). Rename the downloaded file to update.zip
- Make sure that the file is located in the Download folder.
- Open the app update. On the menu with three points, select “Select Pack» (Choose update package).
- Go to the Download folder, and from there select the file update.zip , you downloaded and renamed earlier.
- The service pack will be tested, and then start the firmware update. The smartphone will restart and install the new MIUI.
Update using Fastboot
You should start with the fact that you must first unlock the bootloader for the update via Fastboot. This applies to new devices, starting with 5 Mi, Mi Max and others. They have locked bootloader. If you have already unlocked the bootloader, then skip the following steps on your device.
How to unlock the bootloader smartphones Xiaomi:
- Go to Xiaomi’s website . There click “Unlock Now” button.
- There Mi login with your account or through Facebook, and then fill in the form.
- Acknowledgement forms come to the post office or even by SMS. You can then download a utility to unlock, which you need to install on your computer .
- Run this tool and login to it the same account as on the Xiaomi site.
- Turn off your smartphone. Hold the power button and the Volume Down button to enter the bootloader.
- Ensure that the utility is running and to unlock it produced login. Connect your phone to the computer via USB.
- Click “Unlock” in the utility. Unlock starts a process that takes about 10 seconds.
Now we go to the very firmware. It is recommended to make a backup of the device. Sews through Fastboot:
- Download the latest version of the utility Mi Tool will the Flash (31 MB) for Windows. Supported only Xiaomi devices and older Mi 3. Install the program.
- Turn off your smartphone. Hold the Volume Down button and Power button to enter Fastboot mode.Connect your phone to the computer via USB.
- Fastboot Download the file for your smartphone firmware (see earlier in this article) . Open the downloaded file and extract it somewhere on your computer.
- Go to the extracted folder and copy the path to it.
- Run the utility Mi Flash Tool. In the upper text box, paste the address of the folder with the firmware.Click the “Refresh” – the utility will identify the connected smartphone.
- Click “Flash”, then the firmware will start. Wait – your smartphone will automatically turn on with the already updated firmware.
Recall, all these operations you spend with the device at your own risk. If something goes wrong, the machine can turn into a “brick”.