Google Duo has finally been released for the Android and iOS devices out there, and chances are good that you’re already using one these devices. But if you happen to spend most of your time at your Windows PC or Laptop, and actually prefer to do video calls, chats and stuff from the comfort of your PC chair, then you might want to look into the possibilities of using Google Duo on your PC.
We’re full of hope that Google would release Duo to Windows store or as a web application very soon. But until then, our only choice to use Google Duo on PC is by installing an Android emulator on the PC.
Bluestacks is a great choice for running Android apps on PC, but unfortunately it often fails to use your PCs or Laptop’s webcam, without which using Google Duo is impossible on a PC.
Hence, we’ll be using an alternate Android emulator called Nox App Player. It can use your PC/Laptop camera without any issues for the apps that demand it.
How to Use Google Duo on PC or Laptop
- Download and Install Nox App Player on your Windows PC/Laptop. Get it from the download link above.
- Download the Google Duo APK on your PC.
- Open/Run Nox App Player on your PC. When it;s fully loaded, click theSettings icon in the window control bar (near Window close, maximize and close button).
- From Nox settings, enable Root access and let the program restart.
- Once Nox restarts, add your Google account like you add it on an Android device. Go to Settings » Accounts » Add account.
- Drag and drop the Google Duo APK you downloaded in Step 2 to the Nox App Player window.
- You’ll see a pop-up window, select Open apk folder option to open the apk file in a file manager on Nox.
- Click on Google Duo APK file from the file manager window, scroll to the bottom and hit the Install button to install Google Duo on Nox App Player.
- Once Google Duo is installed, choose Open to open the Google Duo App on your PC.
- Setup Google Duo app by verifying your number. Use the on-screen keys to input your number, else the Next button may not work. Also, keep your mobile number close as you’ll receive verification code by either SMS or by call. If verification fails to reach you by SMS, click on CALL ME text.
└ Tip: One phone number can only run one instance of Google Duo. So if you’ve already setup Google Duo on your Android device, make sure to use another mobile number to setup Google Duo on PC. Else, Duo will be unregistered on your Android device.
- Once Google Duo is setup, click on Video call button and select the contact you want to make video call to.
└ Tip: You can only make video calls to numbers saved in your Contacts. This is why we recommended you to Add Google account in Step 5 above, so that you’ll have contacts from your phone synced over to your PC.
That’s all. Enjoy using Google Duo on your PC.