Apple has announced the release of a major upgrade to its iOS 10 for smartphones, tablets. This Update with many exciting innovations already available for download on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Who is updated
We begin with a complete list of devices that can now upgrade to iOS 10: the iPhone:
- iPhone 5.
- iPhone 5c.
- iPhone 5s.
- iPhone SE.
- iPhone 6.
- iPhone 6 Plus.
- iPhone 6s.
- iPhone 6s Plus.
- iPad mini 2.
- iPad mini 3.
- iPad mini 4.
- iPad 4.
- iPad Air.
- iPad Air 2.
- iPad Pro 9,7.
- iPad Pro 12,9.
- iPod Touch 6G.
As you can see, only the sixth generation iPod Touch will receive the upgrade for the IOS 10″. Most likely, for iPod Touch 6G this will be the last update, and indeed the range of players with larger screens are unlikely to get any further update as it seems that, Apple has already forgotten about those devices.
How to upgrade to iOS 10
To get the new version of iOS on your device, you must have traditionally found in Settings → General → Update. The update weighs about 1 GB.
The result was a brick – what to do
Many users have reported that after the update “over the air” their iPhones or iPads turn into a pumpkin – “bricks” when the device can not be included. Source problem is already known. “Bricks” are obtained only when the update is “in the air” when the 10 iOS is downloaded to the device and set it as. Vulnerable to this mostly current generation of smartphones and tablets, so the owners of the iPhone 6S, SE, and iPad Pro is better not to update “over the air.”
To avoid a brick when upgrading to iOS 10, you need:
- Update iTunes to the latest version (12.5.1).
- Connect the device to your computer via a cable.
- Download the update and install it via iTunes.
The reason – the download of images corrupted update iOS 10. That is, the problem is only on the side of Apple, which is a tradition can not usually release a new version of iOS which year.What if the iPhone or iPad has become a “brick” when you upgrade to iOS 10:
- Connect your device to your computer with iTunes via a cable (make sure that the program has been updated to version 12.5.1).
- Reboot your device in recovery mode – hold down the button “Home” and the power button until the recovery screen appears.
- iTunes immediately detect the device, after which it will offer to update or restore. Choose Update, and then begin installing iOS 10.
- Wait until the update is complete.
If the operation lasts too long, then turn off the device, and then repeat all the steps again.
To recall all updates iOS 10, we have compiled a list of the ten most important feature updates:
- The new lock screen with an expanded view of the notification. Recent support 3D Touch.
- Social messenger iMessage. Animations, big smiles, sending handwritten messages, a lot of stickers and more. Quick replacement of the words on Emoji. Also, there are previews of links in chat rooms and listening to music.
- Improved widgets menu with a reworked interface.
- A separate tab for managing music in the heart of the fast action.
- The new Siri to more enjoyable and feminine voice. Also voice assistant is now open to third-party developers. And Siri is now able to speak a man’s voice.
- The new interface Apple Music app – now more pleasing to the eye and oriented recommendations.
- The screen of the iPhone will be automatically enabled after the user took it out of his pocket and held-to-face (at a distance, of course).
- Keyboard with quick commissioning, tips and integration with other applications (you can send the location or music).
- The Photos app now works built a neural network, which analyzes the objects in the images. Defined objects, faces and other objects by which then sorted all photos.
- Single clipboard with MacOS – you can copy on your computer and insert already on iPhone or iPad.
It is noteworthy that the users have reported good optimization on older devices like iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c. Did you enjoy this update? Tell us about it in the comments.